Bilingualism is an asset to be encouraged and promoted.
• Languages, cultures and heritages should be preserved, maintained and developed for all people in New Mexico
• Respect for all languages and acceptance of diversity is essential for a healthy society.
• The teaching and learning of languages is vital for the education of all children.
• The most important tool for learning is the language(s) that the child brings to school.
• Focused professional development for stakeholders is vital for lifelong learning, understanding and growth.